TOTAL CARE is committed to assuring access to high quality, comprehensive, cost-effective health care services to Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus and Medicaid eligible populations throughout the State of New York, respectful of the dignity of those we serve, and responsive to the needs of our members.
- TOTAL CARE began operations in 1988 as a Medicaid Managed Care Organization serving Medicaid recipients in the County of Onondaga. In 1997 TOTAL CARE was also licensed to enroll Child Health Plus eligible members.
- TOTAL CARE is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation.
- In 1988, its primary care provider network was comprised of Syracuse Community Health Center providers, only, at one location.
- In 1997, TOTAL CARE contracted with Health Services Medical Group (formerly PHP) to provide health care services to Medicaid and Child Health Plus members.
- In 1997, TOTAL CARE began expanding participating provider network to include large group practices, private physicians throughout Onondaga and Oswego County.
- In 1998, TOTAL CARE began providing Child Health Plus and Medicaid in Oswego County.
- To date, TOTAL CARE remains the largest and most experienced company offering Medicaid Managed Care in Onondaga County.
- Since its inception, TOTAL CARE has grown to over 27,000 members.
- TOTAL CARE has a comprehensive network of over 1500 providers including primary care providers and specialists.
- In 2001, TOTAL CARE was approved to enroll Family Health Plus members in Onondaga and Oswego County.
- In 2002 TOTAL CARE was approved to provide Medicaid Managed Care in Tompkins County.
- In 2006 TOTAL CARE was approved for Child Health Plus and Family Health Plus in Tompkins County
- In 2006 TOTAL CARE approved to provide Medicaid, Child Health Plus and Family Health Plus in Cortland County.
- TOTAL CARE is approved to do facilitated enrollment in Onondaga, Oswego, Tompkins and Cortland County.