Total Care, A Today's Options® of New York Health Plan is committed to assuring access to high quality, comprehensive, cost-effective health care services to our Medicaid, Child Health Plus and Family Health Plus Members, respectful of their dignity and responsive to their needs.
- TOTAL CARE began operations in 1988 as a Medicaid Managed Care Organization serving Medicaid recipients in the County of Onondaga. In 1997 TOTAL CARE was also licensed to enroll Child Health Plus eligible members.
- In 1988, its Primary Care Provider Network was comprised of Syracuse Community Health Center providers, only, at one location.
- In 1997, TOTAL CARE contracted with Health Services Medical Group (formerly PHP) to provide health care services to Medicaid and Child Health Plus members.
- In 1997, TOTAL CARE began expanding participating provider network to include large group practices, private physicians throughout Onondaga and Oswego County.
- In 1998, TOTAL CARE began providing Child Health Plus and Medicaid in Oswego County.
- To date, TOTAL CARE remains the largest and most experienced company offering Medicaid Managed Care in Onondaga County.
- Since its inception, TOTAL CARE has grown to over 27,000 members.
- TOTAL CARE has a comprehensive network of over 1500 providers including primary care providers and specialists.
- In 2001, TOTAL CARE was approved to enroll Family Health Plus members in Onondaga and Oswego County.
- In 2002 TOTAL CARE was approved to provide Medicaid Managed Care in Tompkins County.
- In 2006 TOTAL CARE was approved for Child Health Plus and Family Health Plus in Tompkins County
- In 2006 TOTAL CARE approved to provide Medicaid, Child Health Plus and Family Health Plus in Cortland County.
- TOTAL CARE is approved to do Facilitated Enrollment in Onondaga, Oswego, Tompkins and Cortland County.
- With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) TOTAL CARE has Certified Application Counselors available effective October 2013.
- In December 2013, TOTAL CARE is acquired by Today's Options®, a Universal American company. With this acquisition, TOTAL CARE is now: Total Care, A Today's Options® of New York Health Plan.
- Total Care, A Today's Options® of New York Health Plan continues to enroll individuals/families and currently has more than 40,000 members in the Central New York area.